Date: May 25th
Time of Day: 2:28pm
Temperature: 63F
Weather Conditions: cloudy, windy
Wind Conditions: very windy, large gusts
Soil Conditions: moist
Hypothesis: site has changed since recent rainfall
Since my last visit, a lot has changed around the Mouse House. For example, the buds on the aspen trees have developed more. The premature catkins have been replaced with tiny green leaves. Also, the soil has become moist due to the rainfall yesterday, and a few dandelions have spurred up surrounding the Mouse House. I have not seen very many insects around my site. Since the mice use camouflage and phenological separation to hide from their predators, I don't believe I will come into contact with them very much. In my neighborhood we have a fox, and a few days ago, I saw it will a mouse in its jaws. I realized that I do not know what mice eat or where they find water for their survival needs. I am interested to study them for my first report on fauna.
Good, simple observations of the changes that have occurred in your area. Also, you made nice ties to the anti-predator adaptations. Continue to make these observations, and go into even more depth on certain issues, such as food chain/food web etc. 14/15
ReplyDelete